Montag, 12. September 2011

Spanish regulares

 The colonial warfare of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century are my favourite historical period. Not that I am not interested in other periods too as you can see from my different projects:-))

I am always after the lesser known campaign and armies which you can recognise when you see the armies of my own production.

Here I have such a lesser known unit, the Spanish regulares. Something similar to German or Italian Askaris, KAR etc.

This year it is the 100th aniversary of their birth, so take a look at this exhebition which shows great photos. Just in case that a Spanish hobbyfriend is reading this and has the chance to visit the exhibition - I am interested in the uniformplates on this walls!!!:-))) But not this one as it already available from Ferrer-Delmau, the great Spanish painter.


Or of course from Bueno and other painters.  And maybe a project for the own production.










1 Kommentar:

  1. In 1/72 see Bandera Miniatures, They've got great figures for Regulares and Mehala....

    AntwortenLöschen