Freitag, 14. Februar 2014

Chinese Infantry 19th century

Some weeks ago I have seen a master for a 54mm figure of a Chinese musketeer in the Opium-war.

This figure impressed me so much that I thought it would be a great thing to have a little colourful army myself. You know I am always after such obscure stuff:-))

So I made a little research and found out that this kind of uniform is useful for several campaigns of the Chinese army like the Opium war and the Taiping war (including the campaign against the French and British). What I liked most was the information about the Sino-Sikh war of 1841/42.

With the Sikhs already my colonial favourites I thought this is a must!! :-))

See here what Massimo made for me





As for uniforms take a look at this 1805 painting.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen