Freitag, 18. Mai 2018

French Infantry 1854-1871 - The Franco-Prussian war and a diorama project of Solferino 1859

The first figures Massimo sculpted for me was a group of Bavarian infantry in the Franco-Prussian war.

From this gift Hagen-Miniatures came to life. In the beginning we concentrated on the Franco-Prussian war which was one of the most interesting subjects for me.

When Hagen grew and a lot of friends joined the group the focus (wishes) of the guys concentrated more on Napoleonics and other subjects we were fond of. I for myself never forgot the subject of 1870/71 and in the meantime I have a collection of over 1000 painted figures for it.

We already got a range of the war in our shop. The French infantry you see there are the masters I bought from HAT at the very beginning of my own production (before the start of Hagen).



When Patrick had his idea of a new diorama for Solferino (all figures sculpted by Massimo) I thought I should continue with the production of Germans units as I have somebody who makes French:-)
About his idea check this link to see what is going on.

Another interesting link to the subject is on Bennos Forum where Wolfgang shows some of the figures Massimo already sculpted.


Solferino is "just" a five hours drive from my home, so I visited the battlefield several times myself and of course saw all museums there. Really a very interesting subject!

Now my friend Thomas came and told me he wants to have figures for this campaigns too.
He was able to buy some figures Massimo sculpted several years ago.




With so many French around it is really time to make some more German units. So I plan to order
2-3 Sets of Prussian infantry and cavalry this year.

And maybe in the next years a diorama project for this war too?  These figures could be used for the Crimea too. So there are several options - and a lot of ideas I have:-)






1 Kommentar: